Screely makes it super easy to create beautiful screenshots for your blog posts, presentations or social media. You can instantly turn your plain screenshots into beautiful mockups directly from the browser without using any photo editor like Sketch or Photoshop.
Upload, customize and save your screenshot
Creating your beautiful screenshot takes no more than three steps.
Go to screely.com and upload your screenshot. Once that is done, you will be redirected to the editing page where you can customize the look and feel of it. When you are good with the look and feel you can download it as PNG, SVG or JPG image format.
It’s that simple.
There are tons of customization options available:
- Light or dark mode window frame.
- Window type (no window, plain, browser).
- Window style (none, regular, darken, outline).
color(transparent is supported).
- Vertical and horizontal padding.
Before and after
This is a plain screenshot.
This is the screenshot after using Screely. See the difference?
The pros and cons
The pros, as of writing:
- It’s free.
- Tons of customization options, including dark mode.
- It works locally. Screenshots are not uploaded and stored on the server.
- It has a Google Chrome extension to help take the screenshot of the current tab website and automatically opens Screely.
The cons, as of writing:
- Cannot add text on top of the screenshot.
- Does not support gradient background color.
- macOS UI window only.
- Cannot customize or change the dimension of the screenshot when saving.
Yay or nay?
We are a huge fan of Screely. We at DevToolbox use it for all of our screenshots and it saves us a lot of time.
How about you? Let us know what you think in the comment section below.